General Instructions for Passengers
1) Chardham Yatra Registration on Uttarakhand Govt. Portal is mandatory to book Helicopter Service online. If not already registered, please open the following link: https://registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in
2) For Sign Up or Create an account, validate your e-Mail ID and Mobile No. through OTP on heliyatra.irctc.co.in. User ID/Booker ID will be your registered Mobile No. and you will need to create your own password. You can then login to heliyatra.irctc.co.in for booking online Helicopter ticket.
3) Enter Group ID to book tickets for multiple pilgrims or enter Unique Registration Number to book Helicopter Service for a single person.
4) Maximum 02 (two) Helicopter Tickets can be booked per User/Booker ID with maximum six passengers (06 Nos.) per Ticket i.e. an User/Booker can book for a group of maximum 12 passengers on 2 tickets with a single User ID/Booker ID.
5) For booking tickets for a group with more than 12 passengers, the User/Booker will be required to Signup with another User ID/Booker ID on heliyatra.irctc.co.in., if already available or create another User ID/Booker ID for booking tickets for a group with more than 12 passengers.
6) Helicopter Bookings are only allowed for (Tour Date -3 & Tour Date +2) based on Tour Date of Shri Kedarnath Dham provided in Char Dham Yatra Registration. For example- For Tour date of 05th May for Shri Kedarnath Dham, booking can be done between 02nd May to 07th May = 06 Days.
7) Age of child equal to 02 years & above will be provided with a seat and will be charged full fare which is equal to adult fare. For infant less than 02 years, no fare will be charged and no seat will be provided to the infant.
8) Maximum 02 child passengers and 02 infants only are allowed per sortie. For example - One sortie can accommodate maximum- 02 Children + 02 Infants + 04 Adults subject to weight permissibility and other conditions applicable for Helicopter operation. Infant weight is calculated along with the accompanied passenger and additional charges will be applicable for any extra weight i.e. Rs. 150/per kg for additional weight above 80 Kgs (infant+accompanied passenger).
9) Ticket is valid with original ID proof (for all Passengers i.e. Adult/Children/Infants), (For infants- Birth Certificate/Adhaar) as submitted at the time of ticket booking. Screenshot of printed ticket, half printed ticket, etc. will be considered as fake/invalid tickets. Any ticket found fake or duplicate will not be allowed to fly. Such persons may be detained by law enforcing agencies.
10) It is mandatory to reach Helipad at least One hour before booked slot time. Further, passengers are advised to reach the entry point Two hours before for comfortable check-in & security check process. For example- if booking slot is 06:00 to 09:00 hrs., then all passengers booked on ticket should reach the Helipad boarding point by 05:00 hours.
11) Seating of the passengers will depend on the helicopter load / sortie planning. A group may be accommodated in separate helicopters depending on operational requirement.
12) Passenger Weight (Adult, Child & Infant) will be weighed before issue of boarding pass by the Helicopter Operator. The weight of infant will be added to the accompanied passenger. The passenger/passenger along with infant weighing more than 80 kgs will have to pay an additional amount of Rs. 150/kg for extra weight. Weight will be calculated individually and will not be offset with another passenger or infant. Passenger denying to pay additional charges of weight may not be allowed to board.
13) Dynamic Pricing on Helicopter Tickets is applicable as per the policy of UCADA.
14) Cancellation / Refunds will be governed by the Helicopter ticket Cancellation / Refund Policy available on IRCTC website and some of its key points are: -
- Online helicopter tickets booked through IRCTC website shall be cancelled through online mode only by the passenger on IRCTC website and no request for cancellation of Online helicopter tickets shall be entertained through any other mode.
- In case of cancellation of Helicopter Service due to any technical reason / bad weather/Government orders full refund, as applicable, will be made to the passenger excluding the payment gateway charges/transaction charges and convenience fee.
- In such case, Passengers are advised to submit the ticket issued by IRCTC or the boarding pass issued by the helicopter operator at the check-in counter immediately and get their ticket cancelled (duly stamped) at the concerned Helipad Counter. Afterwards no request for refund will be entertained. Refund will be processed online.
- For online tickets, refund will be processed online and credited to the source account through which the ticket was booked, within 05 to 07 working days.
- For tickets booked with cash payment, refund shall be collected by the passenger from the concerned helipad counter.
- If Helicopter service is cancelled due to bad weather or any other reason, passengers of particular slot not flown will not be carried forward to next slot.
- For extra weight charges, if any paid by the passenger, will be refunded by the helicopter operator at the helipad itself.
15) In case of cancellation of helicopter services due to any (operational/technical) reasons, if refund is not received within 5 to 7 working days stipulated period, the customer/passenger may lodge a complaint with IRCTC through their registered e-mail ID on email@example.com within 15 days from the date of departure. Refund will be made after due verification with Helicopter Operator, to the same account through which the ticket was booked. No claim of refund amount due to cancellation of Helicopter service, will be entertained after 15 days from the date of departure.